Have a question about meal plans? We can help.
Does a Meal Plan save me and/or my student money?
- Absolutely! Our meal plans save you an average of $2 to $5 per meal swipe at our residential dining location.
- Meal Plans are tax-free to students.
- Our Open Access meal plan is the lowest price in the State of Florida.
What does the Meal Plan include? Are there unique discounts / member advantages for being a meal plan holder?
- Guests can choose from 30+ locations throughout the campus. All of our meal plans come with a mix of dining dollars and ‘All You Care to Eat’ meals. Dining Dollars can be used at any location on campus, so restaurants like Starbucks, Chick-fil-A, Panda Express, and Panera Bread all accept dining dollars.
- Meal Plan members also have free access to one-on-one sessions with our in-house Registered Dietitian.
- USF Dining hosts over 150 events per year.
Can you make financial accommodations for payment of a Meal Plan?
- While meal plan payments are due with broader USF payment deadlines, we are always willing to work with parents and students on their unique circumstances.
- USF Dining employs over 600 students at the 30+ locations across campus, we also offer flexible work schedules that can accommodate student’s class schedules and offer a free meal at the end of every shift.
- We can also help students gain financial independence by offering employment through our dining services.
What if I/my student has a food allergy or unique dining preference?
- We have several specific accommodations available for meal plan holders. From an allergy sensitive kitchen, unique menu plans.
- To better help us with your specific needs, please fill out our Special Dietary Request / Food Allergy Form and attach any medical documentation describing restrictions due to food allergy/intolerance or condition.
- Our Registered Dietitian will be in contact with you shortly after the completion of the form.
What if I want to purchase my student gift cards?
- Our recommendation is to add Dining Dollars to your student’s account. When you purchase in increments of $100, you receive a 10% bonus on your student's card! Dining Dollars are redeemable at any of our 30+ locations on campus.
- USF Dining currently accepts gift cards only at Panera and Starbucks.
What if I/my student is in a rush and not able to have dedicated meal times?
- Nearly every restaurant on campus offers mobile ordering through Grubhub and the MyPanera app. So no worries if there is not much time between classes or activities.
- We also offer services late night, so we will be here on your timeline.
How can I share feedback or ideas about future services or issues I/my student may be having?
- USF Dining values feedback from our guests. Our goal is to make sure students feel heard and that we can create the best on-campus dining service for each individual. To ensure that all feedback is received and responded to the fastest way possible, below are several ways to get in contact with our dining leadership team.
Give us your Feedback
1. ONSITE: Please notify a manager or supervisor at the location immediately if assistance is needed or a concern arises. The local manager is trained and accessible to hear from you directly.
2. MANAGER ON DUTY PHONE: There is a poster at the entrance of our Dining locations with our onsite leadership team. Please use this number to reach out to our staff on-duty to report any questions or concerns during your visit.
3. BE HEARD: Our ‘Be Heard’ program is a quick and convenient survey that immediately alerts senior management of any service experience. Link to survey here: www.yourdiningvoice.com.
4. EMAIL OR CALL OUR OFFICE: Our Dining Services Office is open Monday-Friday from 9am-5pm. You may send an email at email@example.com or call 813-974-4499 and one of our team members will respond within 24 hours.
20 Interesting Facts about USF Dining
1. Our Open Access Meal plan is the lowest price in the State of Florida.
2. We proudly serve around 20,000 meals every fall/spring weekday, which amounts to over 4 million meals a year.
3. We have late night dining options available every day.
4. USF Dining currently accepts gift cards from Panera and Starbucks on campus.
5. Dining Services offers mobile ordering through GrubHub for various dining locations on campus.
6. Pinnacle Starbucks has a walkup window!
8. Out of our 1,000+ employees, 53% are USF students.
9. We have a Registered Dietitian on our USF Dining team that is a free resource to those who have a meal plan.
10. USF Dining was featured in Food Management Magazine highlighting the innovation and world-class dining options at The Hub and Argos Exchange.
11. USF Dining is proud to have an Allergen Zone Kitchen at the Hub called True Balance, which is free of the top 8 allergens in the U.S.
12. We are also the first campus to have a cashier less environment through GrubHub at our full-service Chick-Fil-A location.
13. We have received an A+ Vegan Scorecard rating for the 5th consecutive year from PETA.
14. USF was voted as one of the top 10 Vegan Colleges across the U.S. by Insider Magazine in 2018.
15. USF Dining operates four all-you-care-to-eat dining halls in which 30% of the menu is vegan.
16. All of our Dining hall menu offerings and nutrition information can be found on our website at www.USFDining.com.
17. Students can keep track of their meals consumed at any of our on-campus restaurants by downloading the MyFitnessPal App.
18. USF Dining executes over 150 dining events per year for meal plan holders.
19. We have donated over 7,000 pounds of food to the on campus Feed-A-Bull Food Pantry since 2017.
20. USF Dining offers to-go meals at each of our four dining halls on campus.