All funds and plans purchased for use in USF Dining Services are for the personal use of the owner of the account or plan only and are non-transferable. The USF Dining Services funds and plans cannot be used as a gift card or gift certificate. Except as otherwise expressly stated in these terms, all USF Dining Services funds and plans are non-refundable and will expire at the earlier of the last day of enrollment or employment, as applicable, or the last day of the current semester.
Terms and Conditions: Spring 2020
MEAL PLAN PROVISIONS
Your USF ID card which serves as your meal card, is required for all transactions – no exceptions. All meal plans starting in the fall for first year students are a two semester commitment (Fall 2019 & Spring 2020), Dining Dollar only plans are not considered a meal plan for first year students living on campus. If your USF ID card is lost or stolen, you must immediately report it to USF Dining Services 813-974-4499 to place ID on hold or you may place it on hold at usf.edu/Bullbucks. USF Dining is not responsible for any meals missed due to lost or stolen USF ID cards. You may be eligible for a temporary card issued by the meal plan office located in the MSC room 1502. The card would be valid only at dining halls for 5 days from when it was issued. You must return the temporary card or you will be charged $10.00.
FIRST YEAR MEAL PLAN :
As part of your first year experience at USF, students who are residing on campus, are to select a meal plan prior to moving into their residence hall or on-campus apartment, and may select an Open Access, Any 15, or BullBlock 175 meal plan. (Summer residency is not included as a previous term of residence and does not exempt a student from the meal plan requirement for new residents). Exceptions are transfer students with 12 or more college attended credit hours (dual enrollment does not apply). First year students who move on campus after the start of the semester have one week to select an Open Access, Any 15 or BullBlock 175. Default – resident will be assigned an Open Access. REMINDER: All first year residents’ plans are a two semester commitment for FALL admits.
You may upgrade your meal plan at any time. A grace period is provided each semester during which you may change the prorated value of your meal plan to another meal plan. First year students living on campus may choose from the Open Access, Any 15 or BullBlock 175. (Spring 2020 January 13th - January 17th 4:00 pm). Meal plan changes must be completed in person at the USF Dining meal plan office located in the MSC room 1502. Meal Plans can be upgraded at any time.
It is the meal plan holder’s responsibility to notify USF Dining of the request to cancel a meal plan by the end of the grace period unless withdrawing from the University. All cancellations must go to the USF Dining Committee for review and decision. If a student does not receive housing or cancels a housing assignment, this does not automatically cancel a meal plan contract. Exceptions: Students not returning for Spring semester need to bring verification of registration withdrawal or transfer to the Meal Plan Office by the end of the Fall semester. Non-payment does not cancel your meal plan.
Any unused dining dollars from the Fall semester will rollover to the spring semester with the purchase of a Spring meal plan (excludes dining dollar only plans). If the account holder does not wish to participate in a Spring meal plan (returning & off campus students only) any unused dining dollars will be forfeited at the end of the Fall semester: Friday, December 13th 2019. Unused Spring dining dollars will be forfeited at the end of the semester: May 8th, 2020. It is the customer’s responsibility to monitor their dining dollars balance. This can be done by downloading the MYUSF App and selecting the Bulls Bucks button (this will show dining dollars balance ). ***Dining Dollar only plans are valid only for the semester purchased.
All website purchases are considered to be final. Exceptions will be made for processing errors. All refunds for processing errors will be refunded to the credit
card used for the purchase.
All Fall Meal Plans are recharged for Spring and will be automatically activated for you to enjoy beginning Saturday January 11th, 2020. Should you wish to make any changes to your plan, you must come to our office during the appropriate grace period (01/13/2020 - 01/17/2020). All Spring meal plan begins on Saturday January 11th and end Friday May 8th. Dining halls may be closed for the Thanksgiving holiday, winter holiday, spring break and other University holidays. Dining hours are subject to change due to school holiday and exam schedules. You can view the hours of operations and menus at USFDining.com.
All charges for a meal plan selection will be posted to the student account (OASIS) with payment due in accordance with University payment deadlines or as otherwise specified:
Spring 2020 Meal Plans Due Date: January 17th, 2020
Spring 2020 Meal Plans Due Date: February 28th, 2020 (If tuition deferment has been issued)
Tax on dining dollars is deducted from the account as spent. As a resource, more information regarding student account (OASIS) payments can be found by visiting www.usf.edu/cashiers.
MEAL PLAN USAGE
All funds and plans purchased for use in USF Dining locations are for the personal use of the owner of the account or plan only and are non-transferable. The USF Dining funds and plans cannot be used as a gift card or gift certificate. Open Access and Any 15 Meal Plans are non-transferable. Only the participant may use the allotted meals at the dining hall. The dining dollar portion of these two plans may be used to treat guests if desired.
ANY 15: Meals on the Any 15 run from Wednesday morning to Tuesday night. Unused meals will not carry over to the following week and the plan will reset to 15 meals Wednesday morning.
BULLBLOCK 175, 60 or 32 PLANS: The meal portion of any block plan may be used to treat a maximum of three guests per meal period to a meal if desired. Any unused meals will be forfeited at the end of the semester for Fall and again for Spring.
BULLBLOCK 32 + Home Chef: By purchasing the BullBlock 32 + Home Chef, you automatically receive a One Hundred and Twenty Dollar ($120.00) credit with which you can purchase meal kits from Home Chef, a third-party meal kit delivery service. After you have purchased your meal plan, you will be contacted by DiningServices@Aramark.com via e-mail with instructions regarding how to redeem your $120 credit, and Home Chef will ship your meal kit to the address you designate. You may redeem your $120 credit at any time. The $120 credit for the meal kit is non-refundable.
As a courtesy, USF Dining offers the option to take your meal to-go from any 3 Dining Halls on campus, using our eco-friendly green to-go box.
At the Hub, Juniper Dining and Champions Choice, please specify if you will be dining in or would like to take your meal to-go. Keep in mind, for each meal taken to-go, you will be charged one meal swipe or the dining dollar amount for that meal period.
There will be a one-time $5 deposit fee for your initial to-go box. After using your to-go box, please return to the Hub, Juniper Dining or Champion’s Choice to exchange for a clean box, the next time you’d like your meal to-go.
*A maximum of TWO to-go boxes are allowed out at one time.
1. Bring your clean to-go box into any three dining halls. (Juniper Dining, Champion’s Choice, and The Hub)
2. Swipe in to pay for your meal, indicate that you would like your meal to-go at the cash register. You are NOT allowed to dine in using a to-go box.
3. Fill up your to-go box with a variety of delicious food. THE BOX MUST BE ABLE TO CLASP SHUT PRIOR TO LEAVING DINING FACILITY.
4. Bring your to-go box into any three of the dining halls to exchange for a clean one. During the last week of the semester, one to-go box may be returned to any Dining Hall (The Hub, Juniper Dining or Champion’s Choice) to receive a refund for the $5 deposit. The $5 reimbursement will be refunded in Dining Dollars on your student account.
*USF Dining is NOT responsible for any food taken outside of the Dining Facility. *ONLY TWO pieces of whole fruit are permitted to be carried outside the Dining Facility per visit.
A To-go Cup is available with the $5 purchase of our Eco-friendly Cupanion Mug. You can make your $5 purchase at the Hub Dining Hall. Purchases can be made using Dining Dollars, Cash, or Credit .
1. Bring your Cupanion Mug with you to any of the three dining halls.
2. Swipe in to pay for your meal.
3. Fill up your Cupanion Mug with a hot or cold beverage of your choice.
4. Download the Cupanion App and learn more at Cupanion.com.
5. Scan your Cupanion Mug each time you reuse to earn points towards free food and USF Dining Merchandise every month! *Your Cupanion Mug’s usage is intended ONLY for beverages.
* Lids can be replaced in the event of your ﬁrst Cupanion Lid cracking or breaking by coming to the Meal Plan Oﬃce, MSC 1502 to retrieve a new one.
FACULTY AND STAFF PLANS:
1. Dining Plans do not expire if you are currently in a paid position with the University and have Meals or Dining Dollars remaining on your plan.
2. The plan holder must present their valid USF ID Card at USF Dining locations each time the plan is used- no exceptions. Activation is required.
3. USF Dining reserves the right to alter services or hours of operation. Modified schedules are posted online at www.usf.campusdish.com.
4. All payroll deductions will be automatically deducted from your payroll for five (5) consecutive pay periods.
5. If the plan holder leaves the University before he/she has started using the Dining Plan, a full refund will be awarded.
6. If the plan holder leaves the University before the balance has been depleted but, has started using the Dining Plan, no refund will be awarded.
7. If the plan holder leaves the University before he/she has completed payment of the Dining Plan, the plan holder will receive a bill for the unpaid balance.
8. There is no cancellation of the contract once the plan holder has used the Dining Plan.
9. The Faculty Staff Meal Plans are only valid at USF Dining locations.
10. The employee Dining Plans are subject to state sales tax.
11. If your ID card is lost or stolen, you must report it to the USF Dining Meal Plan office located in the Marshall Student Center room 1502 and to the USF Card office. You will receive a temporary card from USF Dining, for up to five days at a fee of $10. The temporary card will only be active for the meals portion of your USF Dining Meal Plan. You must give us a new card number from USF Card Office within five days, or your meal plan will be placed on hold. You will be refunded the $10 when the temporary card is returned within the five day period.
12. If your account is inactive for 6 months, the account will be frozen until you reactivate it by contacting the USF Dining Meal Plan Office in the Marshall Student Center.